Get essential tips and advice from the brightest minds in the digital publishing industry delivered to your desktop in a live presentation. These online, interactive webinars are presented by industry experts and noted consultants. Webcasts last about an hour and include a Q&A session toward the end where listeners can get answers to specific questions from the webcast presenters. Attend these online learning sessions live, or access them at a later date OnDemand and in our archives.
Ebook QA: Everything You Need to Know
When: December 5, 2013
Time: 12:00-1:00 PM Eastern (1 hour)
So you’ve created an ebook. Now what do you do?
The next step is quality assurance — also known as QA. This is a valuable process because it ensures a positive user experience for your consumers reading the ebook, no matter what device they use. This webcast will cover the principal platforms on the market today, such as the Amazon Kindle, Apple iPad, and Barnes & Noble Nook.
Ebook QA is important, but it’s certainly not easy because of the device fragmentation currently present in the ebook marketplace. Because there are so many e-readers available to consumers, it is imperative to practice good QA strategies to address as many devices as possible.
This webcast will guide you through various ebook design elements, such a sidebars, tables, lists, and heads, and how they may appear across platforms. We will review clean ebook markup and focus on how and where errors occur, as well as how to prevent them. Up-and-coming ebook developers will not want to miss this Digital Book World webcast.
Attendees Will Learn:
- What errors to look for during your ebook QA
- How to solve simple problems within ebook design using CSS
- What ebook platforms and devices to address during your QA
- QA tips and tricks for avoiding headaches
- How to assess content with an electronic format in mind
- Parsing Amazon error reports
- Needed tools and applications
Presenter: Iris Febres, ebook Developer, F+W Media
Moderator: Jeremy Greenfield, Editorial Director, Digital Book World
Who Should Attend:
- Ebook developers at all experience levels
- Authors looking to self-publish their own ebooks
- Members of editorial departments seeking overviews of book content
- Publishing professionals looking to learn more about ebooks
- People who embrace technology