Get essential tips and advice from the brightest minds in the digital publishing industry delivered to your desktop in a live presentation. These online, interactive webinars are presented by industry experts and noted consultants. Webcasts last about an hour and include a Q&A session toward the end where listeners can get answers to specific questions from the webcast presenters. Attend these online learning sessions live, or access them at a later date OnDemand and in our archives.
Getting up to Speed on Book Metadata: Tips, Standards and the Current Landscape
When: Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Time: 12:00—1:00 PM Eastern (1 hour)
Describing and categorizing books has always been an essential part of publishing and bookselling. But in today’s virtual marketplace, the information about books (metadata) displayed on consumer-facing websites is the basis for how readers discover, evaluate, select and purchase print and ebooks.
Join Renée Register, author of The Metadata Handbook and Digital Book World University instructor, for a free webcast exploring how metadata works in today’s rapidly evolving publishing landscape, plus a look at what authors, publishers and retailers can do to fine-tune their approaches to metadata in order to boost discovery and drive sales
Who Should Attend:
- Booksellers and digital retailers
- Book discovery and distribution professionals
Attendees Will Learn:
- How metadata standards and practices are evolving with the online retailing landscape
- Strategies for publishers to improve their titles’ discoverability through better metadata
- The processes by which metadata flows from publishers to consumers and ways to better streamline and leverage it
Speaker: Renée Register, Owner, DataCurate LLC
Moderator: Rich Bellis, Senior Editor, Digital Book World