Speakers at DBW’s Indie Author Conference to Present Strategies, Lessons and Insights for the ‘New Professional Author’
One-Day Indie Author Conference Takes Place on Jan. 19, 2017 in New York City – Part of the Overall Digital Book World Conference Program, Which Runs Jan. 17 – 18, 2017
NEW YORK (Nov. 18, 2016) — At DBW Indie Author: The First Conference for the New Professional Author (#DBWIndie), some of publishing’s leading experts and thought-leaders will guide independent and hybrid authors through the indie publishing market. These speakers will offer a high-level view of the current indie author landscape – its challenges and opportunities – as well as practical nuts-and-bolts information on how authors can be better, more professional publishers of their own work. The conference takes place on Jan. 19, 2017 during the 8th Annual Digital Book World (DBW 2017), which will feature educational programs from Jan. 17 to Jan. 18, 2017 in N.Y.C. Registration and program details can be found at digitalbookworldconference.com (@DigiBookWorld – #DBW17).
“DBW Indie Author – part of the larger DBW 2017 event – will present valuable lessons, strategies and insights for today’s ‘new professional author,’” says Porter Anderson, co-founder of The Hot Sheet, editor-in-chief of Publishing Perspectives, principal of Porter Anderson Media and a DBW 2017 program captain and presenter. “These authors are entrepreneurs who drive their own careers, build their own branding, coordinate production, execute marketing strategies, and act as agents of their own success. The DBW Indie Author event speaks directly to those entrepreneurial authors, and it will help them plan their future, access the marketplace with know-how and networking, and spot new trends and opportunities.”
Some of the DBW Indie Author actionable sessions include: The Sophisticated Ways of Today’s Indies; What Independent Can Mean in Today’s Industry; The State of The Sector; The Rise of the Platforms; Face-to-Face Conversations with the Enablers of Your Career; The Indie Universe Quantified + The Author’s Career; Success Stories; and The New Professional Author Is in Control.
DBW Indie Author also features workshops for intermediate and advanced authors, including: The Indispensable Elements of an Author’s Marketing; Readership Development and They Can’t Read You If They Can’t Find You; Branding Your Future; and Reaching out to Readers Through SEO.
Highlights of the DBW Indie Author conference speakers include:
• Jane Friedman, editor and publisher of The Hot Sheet, columnist with Publishers Weekly, a professor with The Great Courses, an award-winning blogger at JaneFriedman.com and a DBW 2017 program captain
• Judith Curr, president and executive vice president, Atria Books Division of Simon & Schuster
• Mary Rasenberger, executive director, The Authors Guild
• Orna Ross, author and the founding director of Alliance of Independent Authors
• Jon Fine, publishing consultant and strategist for digital and traditional media organizations, content creators and the creative community, and former Amazon director of author and publisher relations
• Margaret Harrison, director, product metadata, Ingram Content Group
• Porter Anderson, co-founder of The Hot Sheet, editor-in-chief of Publishing Perspectives, principal of Porter Anderson Media and a DBW 2017 program captain
• Richard Nash, digital media consultant, start-up adviser and serial entrepreneur
• Dana Kaye, owner and publicist, Kaye Publicity, and author of Your Book, Your Brand: A Step-By-Step Guide to Launching Your Book and Boosting Sales
• Data Guy, the tech and data wizard behind the Author Earnings website, who oversees Author Earnings’ data scraping and analysis
DBW Indie Author takes place during DBW 2017 – an event where publishing professionals and their technology partners will come together to learn about the latest tools and techniques for smarter book publishing in a digital world. DBW 2017 attendees will get up-to-date on key issues and opportunities that will help them get ahead for the coming year; learn strategies from both familiar faces and new voices; and connect with the industry’s leading executives, experts and innovators. The event will feature educational sessions, workshops and thought-provoking main stage presentations.
The New York Hilton Midtown is the official conference hotel for all DBW 2017 sessions, programs and lodging. Book lodging early by contacting EventSphere, the official housing partner, at 877-416-9396 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
F+W connects passionate, like-minded groups of people to share an ongoing exchange of information, ideas and inspiration. F+W is committed to providing the very best experience for its customers across its communities – digital media, writing, design, outdoors and lifestyle, among many others. The company offers exclusive events, online learning programs, research services, custom content, books and magazines (digital and print), curated kits and other services to its millions of customers worldwide. (fwmedia.com)
The DBW Daily is the go-to newsletter for staying up to date on the biggest issues facing the book publishing industry and indie authors. To get all the top stories and think pieces from the past 24 hours in your inbox every day at 8:00 AM, sign up for the DBW Daily today!