Digital Book World Conference + Expo Publishes New White Paper, ‘Viewpoints on Publishing’s Digital Transformation’
Pundits from DBW 2016, March 7 – 9 in N.Y.C., Share Lessons and Insights for the Digital Book Publishing and Content Communities; Conference Early-Bird Rates Expire Feb. 8
NEW YORK (Jan. 22, 2015) — A newly published white paper from the Digital Book World Conference + Expo (DBW) offers insights about some of the most important book business and digital content topics – from the book industry’s ongoing digital transformation, to “Big Tech” and publishing, to personalized content, new publishing revenue streams, audiobooks, copyright issues in a digital age, and how to capitalize on key opportunities, among other topics. The white paper, Viewpoints on Publishing’s Digital Transformation, is free and available to download now at digitalbookworldconference.com/index.php/whitepaper.
DBW 2016 is the premier event for book publishers and content providers of all sizes and business models. The event (@DigiBookWorld – #DBW16) takes place March 7 – 9, 2016 at the New York Hilton Midtown in N.Y.C. Registration and program details are available at digitalbookworldconference.com (the best early-bird rates expire Feb. 8).
The topics in the white paper – which features DBW 2016 speakers and leading influencers in digital media – are just some of the themes that will be explored at the Digital Book World Conference + Expo. The event will gather more than 100 notable speakers and 1,500 professionals – including presidents, CEOs, editors, marketers and publicists of large and small publishing houses, newspapers, magazines and digital-only media firms, and agents, authors, booksellers, librarians, technologists, digital entrepreneurs and others.
Key topics and experts featured in the new DBW white paper include:
• Sleeping Through a Revolution – Johnathan Taplin (@JonathanTaplin), professor, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California
• The Four Horsemen [Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google] – Scott Galloway (@profgalloway), clinical professor, NYU Stern School of Business
• Transforming a Legacy Business – John Ingram, chairman and CEO, Ingram Content Group (@IngramContent)
• Transformation, Personalized Content and New Revenue Streams – Dominique Raccah (@draccah), CEO, Sourcebooks
• Delivering High-Quality Digital Products & Services – Clay Stobaugh (@ClayStobaugh), EVP and CMO, Wiley
• The Pace and Direction of Our Work Will Never Be the Same – Susan Ruszala, president, NetGalley (@NetGalley)
• Elastic Ebook Pricing – Nathan Maharaj, director of merchandising, Kobo (@kobo)
• The State and Future of Digital Audiobooks – Erica Lazzaro, general counsel and director of publisher services, OverDrive, Inc. (@OverDriveLibs)
• What Publishers Need to Know About Copyright – Karyn Temple Claggett, associate register of copyrights and director of policy and international affairs, United States Copyright Office (@CopyrightOffice)
• Changes to Global Copyright Law and How They Will Impact Your Business – Roy S. Kaufman, managing director of new ventures, Copyright Clearance Center (@copyrightclear)
• What Does the Audience Get out of the Digital Book World Conference + Expo? – Mike Shatzkin (@MikeShatzkin), founder and CEO, The Idea Logical Company, and chair of the Digital Book World Conference + Expo
Overall, DBW 2016 presents a comprehensive overview of the big changes and new challenges of today’s digital publishing landscape. The conference agenda offers the most practical, relevant and actionable programming on what’s happening now – and in the immediate future – in the always changing digital publishing ecosystem.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
F+W connects passionate, like-minded groups of people to share an ongoing exchange of information, ideas and inspiration. F+W is committed to providing the very best experience for its customers across its communities – digital media, writing, design, outdoors and lifestyle, among many others. The company offers exclusive events, online learning programs, research services, custom content, books and magazines (digital and print), curated kits and other services to its millions of customers worldwide. (fwmedia.com)
About Publishers Launch Conferences
Publishers Launch Conferences is a comprehensive conference/education business that addresses the urgent needs of book publishing professionals around the world. The organization was founded by two highly-respected trade publishing veterans, Michael Cader of Publishers Lunch and PublishersMarketplace.com and Mike Shatzkin of The Idea Logical Company. Publishers Launch works closely with established players and institutions throughout the publishing world, to transition to prosperity in the era of new technology, players and paradigms. (publisherslaunch.com).
To get all the ebook and digital publishing news you need every day in your inbox at 8:00 AM, sign up for the DBW Daily today!