Amazon announced today that its Fire HD 10 now has new enclosure and internal storage options. Customers can order the Fire with a silver aluminum all-metal enclosure for the same price as the existing black color option. The Fire is now also offered with 64GB of internal storage for $289.99, in addition to the 16GB or 32GB internal storage options starting at $229.99.
The Fire HD 10 has the following features:
• Thin and light industrial design—at 7.7mm, one of Amazon’s thinnest tablets ever.
• Crisp and vivid 10.1” HD display with over 1 million pixels; with a 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio, Fire HD 10 offers 22% more HD video viewing area than similarly-sized tablets with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
• Powerful quad-core processor running at up to 1.5 GHz for fast app switching and fluidity.
• As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD is almost 2x more durable than the latest generation iPad Air.
• Up to 128GB of expandable storage via microSD—enjoy even more videos, music, games, and photos while offline.
• Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, which are custom-tuned for immersive, high-quality sound.
• Powered by the latest version of Fire OS—Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—with an updated user interface that is inspired by the beautiful layouts of high-quality magazines, making it fun to browse for your next movie, song, or book, or easy to pick up where you left off. Plus, Fire OS 5 includes hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates, and Amazon-exclusive services.
• Access to over 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, Android apps and games, and more—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
• Amazon-exclusive features customers love, including ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon Underground, Blue Shade, Word Runner, Family Library, Amazon FreeTime, Prime Video downloads, and more.
• Video chat with friends and family with the 720p front-facing camera; take photos and capture videos in 1080p full HD with the 5MP rear-facing camera.
• Free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices, automatically backed-up wirelessly.
• All-day battery life delivers up to 8 hours of reading, browsing the web, listening to music, and watching video.
To get all the ebook and digital publishing news you need every day in your inbox at 8:00 AM, sign up for the DBW Daily today!