Join Digital Book World on Tuesday, February 3rd at 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 5:00pm GMT for a free webcast where you will learn how to optimize your metadata to improve discovery and sales in the digital marketplace.
In online bookselling, good metadata forms the basis for reader discovery, evaluation, selection and purchasing, thereby driving business for publishers, authors and booksellers alike. But using metadata to create an effective online shopping experience for consumers is no small challenge–and it’s becoming an even more critical one.
Join Renée Register, author of the forthcoming second edition of The Metadata Handbook: A Publisher’s Guide to Creating and Distributing Metadata for Print and Ebooks and an experienced Digital Book World University instructor, to learn how to implement metadata elements that drive discovery and book sales. This webcast will offer strategies to ensure that direct searches work, enable users to browse titles by a wide range of popular criteria and power algorithms to suggest the right books to readers. Renée will also discuss how to use metadata to better support efficient online business transactions and robust business intelligence.
Who Should Attend:
- Booksellers and digital retailers
- Book discovery and information professionals
Attendees Will Learn:
- How to implement the metadata elements critical for successful online bookselling, including both the core elements required by retailers and other features that help titles stand out in the marketplace
- Methods to optimize the supply-chain through a technical understanding of the way metadata is distributed
- Best practices and industry standards for effective metadata, including strategies geared to metadata that is formatted and distributed through ONIX
- Tools for self-published authors and small publishers using the manual entry systems provided by publishing platforms
Speaker: Renée Register, Owner, DataCurate LLC
Moderator: Rich Bellis, Senior Editor, Digital Book World
All attendees to this webcast will receive coupon codes offering special discounts on four new metadata courses taught by Renée Register at Digital Book World University and on the second edition of The Metadata Handbook, forthcoming from Digital Book World on February 1. In the meantime, download your free preview of the new edition here.