Editor’s note: Writer’s Digest is a sister publication to Digital Book World and we proudly partner with WD on a series of initiatives that explore the increasingly intersecting world of authors and publishers, like this one. Read more about this work here.
Writer’s Digest Partners with BookBaby to Launch Blue Ash Publishing
New self-publishing imprint launching this month
NEW YORK – Writer’s Digest, a division of F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company, announced today the Company has entered a partnership with BookBaby, one of the country’s highest-rated self-publishing service providers, to launch a new self-publishing division named Blue Ash Publishing. http://www.blueashpublishing.com/
“This new venture powered by BookBaby is grounded in what Writer’s Digest does best: educating writers,” said Writer’s Digest Publisher Phil Sexton. The Writer’s Digest community, founded in December 1920, provides information and inspiration for professional and aspiring writers, both traditionally published and self-published. Blue Ash Publishing takes its name from the editorial home of Writer’s Digest in Blue Ash, Ohio a suburb of Cincinnati.
“Blue Ash Publishing authors are truly getting the best of both worlds in self-publishing,” said BookBaby President Steven Spatz. “In addition to the education resources of Writer’s Digest, authors will get the advantages of worldwide distribution through BookBaby’s sales network, plus, inclusive access to a powerful suite of promotional tools through our BookPromo program. It’s a perfect marriage between two leading companies in the self-publishing space, and authors will reap the benefits.”
“Although we’ve been serving the self-publishing community for decades with our self-publishing competition (22 years) and various instructional books dedicated to the topic, we began to offer self- publishing services in January 2011. As author needs changed and the self-publishing landscape evolved, we decided that we needed to reevaluate our program,” Sexton added. “Thanks to our creative collaboration with BookBaby, we are confident that Blue Ash Publishing can provide writers with the service and education that they need to succeed.”
What Blue Ash Publishing authors can expect:
- 100% Net Earnings on all sales: Blue Ash Publishing takes no commission on any book sales. Authors keep 100% of their book’s net earnings. Once retailers are paid their percentage, all remaining revenue goes back to the author. BookBaby offers the largest eBook distribution network, including Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and many other popular retailers in more than 170 countries around the globe.
- Complete customization: Packages offered by Blue Ash represent suggested product combinations. But authors can customize each one to get exactly what they want, lowering or raising the price depending on the components selected.
- Full Ownership: Unlike other programs, Blue Ash authors own their work including all electronic files and cover art. Authors retain the rights to their work and maintain total creative control. Writers customize their publishing package, to fit their needs and their budget.
- Exclusive Education Programs: Every package includes an educational element. Basic packages include a weekly newsletter written by publishing experts that provides tips for building a platform and selling books. Higher-value packages include: access to WritersMarket.com, a digital subscription to Writer’s Digest magazine, a year-long subscription to Writer’s Digest online tutorials, a live half hour consultation with a platform specialist, and more.
- Promotional Tools: These educational programs, exclusive only to Blue Ash Publishing, are in addition to the benefits BookBaby builds into each package, including a suite of promotional tools that are designed to help authors get their books into the hands of readers.
Contact: Stacie Berger, VP, Communications firstname.lastname@example.org