Join us Tuesday, March 18 at 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT / 5:00 PM GMT for a webcast where you’ll learn how to prepare source content at the initial stages of ebook production to streamline and optimize the digital publishing process.
Turning source files into a high-quality ebook often isn’t a straightforward, linear process. Even after the adoption of EPUB3, there’s still a wide range of other formats ebook developers must consider if their content is to reach the widest possible audience. That means laying a strong groundwork at the very beginning of the digital production process.
Join Iris Febres, Solution Architect and Manager at Aptara, for an intensive tutorial in optimizing source files for ebook production.
In this one-hour webcast, Iris will guide you through a variety of challenges ebook developers confront at the very onset of production, and provide the technical skills for tackling them. We’ll cover how to prepare source files (i.e., InDesign, Word, XML, etc.) in order to establish the appropriate HTML hierarchies where structure is absent in the source content, as well as other best practices for coding and design choices ebook developers may be pushed to make.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Best practices for key design challenges
- Tips for building clean, flexible code to support a range of ebook formats
- Technical skills and tools for approaching common content-related issues at the beginning of production
Who Should Attend:
- Ebook designers and developers at all experience levels
- Digital media and supply-chain professionals working with multiple file formats
- Managing editors and production editors preparing source content for digital production
- Technology and coding experts concerned with ebook production and workflows
Speaker: Iris Febres, solution architect and manager, Aptara
Moderator: Rich Bellis, content producer, Digital Book World