Join us Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 5:00pm GMT for a webcast where you’ll learn what it takes to develop, launch and grow a successful publishing start-up in today’s marketplace.
The ebook revolution opened up a wealth of opportunities for new publishing start-ups to disrupt and transform the book business irreversibly. Many succeed. Many more don’t.
Join leaders from three successful publishing start-ups, Librify, Jellybooks and Atavist, for an inside look at their journeys–from ideation to getting off the ground to running a thriving business. We’ll identify the key factors that determined their success and offer insights for newcomers on navigating the publishing landscape as it continues to evolve.
Attendees Will Learn:
- How founders of successful publishing start-ups conceived and executed their visions
- Strategic insights on finding a market, securing financing, and launching a publishing venture
- What factors to consider for shaping a new business model
- Tips for planning for the short- and long-term
Who Should Attend:
- Leaders of publishing start-ups looking to fine-tune their businesses
- Entrepreneurs planning new ventures
- Publishers interested in better understanding new partners and competitors
- Book industry watchers and analysts
Joanna Stone Herman, Co-founder and CEO, Librify
Andrew Rhomberg, Founder, Jellybooks
Inés Pacheco, Chief Revenue Officer, Atavist
Moderator: Jeremy Greenfield, Editorial Director, Digital Book World