Join us Wednesday, March 12 at 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT / 6:00 PM GMT for a free webcast where you’ll learn about the latest opportunities in interactive digital educational content through the newly developed EDUPUB standards.
Educational content is arguably more suited to interactive digital formats than any other type of content. From quizzes, tests, and adaptive learning, to activities and multimedia–such digital enhancements have the power to improve outcomes.
The EDUPUB initiative was created to build on this potential, with the goal of bringing practical, open format standards and interoperability to the rich ecosystem of digital educational content by the end of 2014. Based on the HTML5 and EPUB3 standards, EDUPUB’s output will be discoverable, manageable, reproducible, scalable, and accessible content that is unbound from any one format.
On March 12, join three EDUPUB experts for an EDUPUB progress report fresh off the heels of the second EDUPUB Workshop (February 12 – 13 in Salt Lake City) that convened publishers, aggregators, technology companies, standards organizations and others. Our presenters will detail the Working Groups’ results, important next steps, and how to go about taking them.
Attendees Will Learn:
- How to institute EDUPUB-formatted content in a variety of applications
- Which practical steps to take to prepare for the new standard’s adoption
- What to expect as EDUPUB moves forward
- Skills and tools for working effectively in the EDUPUB ecosystem
Who Should Attend:
- Education publishers and content developers
- Production managers
- Digital media experts and distributors
- Marketers of educational and instructional content
Jean Kaplansky, Digital Content Solutions Architect at Aptara
Paul Belfanti, Director of Content Architecture at Pearson
Markus Gylling, IDPF
Moderator: Jeremy Greenfield, Editorial Director, Digital Book World