Join us Tuesday, March 11 at 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT / 5:00 PM GMT for a webcast where you’ll learn about the latest opportunities and best practices in ebook design and typography and the tools for building them into your own production workflow.
As ebook development platforms and e-reading devices become more sophisticated, so have the possibilities for text design. But in many ways readers value in ebooks the same thing they do in print: clear, professional design that enhances the reading experience without getting in its way.
Amanda Bryan-Gomm, co-owner and marketing director of Digital Bindery, offers an in-depth crash-course in ebook design best practices and the technical tools to execute them.
What aesthetic decisions must an ebook designer consider when working with reflowable text that readers can resize to their liking? How should you go about choosing fonts? And where does technology—on the designer’s end no less than the reader’s—change the equation? Join us for an investigation of each of these issues and ways to manage them efficiently using the latest tools available for ebook production.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Best practices for text design for ebooks
- How to confront key aesthetic challenges
- Technical skills and tools for developing high-quality ebooks efficiently
Who Should Attend:
- Ebook designers and developers
- Print typographers and compositors translating their work into digital formats
- Production editors, production managers and digital media professionals
- Authors looking to self-publish professional-grade ebooks
Amanda Bryan-Gomm, co-owner and marketing director, Digital Bindery
Rich Bellis, content producer, Digital Book World