The ongoing Amazon-Hachette dispute is proving further that publishers’ ability to control how and where readers access their content is critical to their business. And as tablet sales begin to dwarf those of e-readers, there’s one thing all tablets have in common: a web browser.
Join Derrick Schultz, Digital Design and Production Manager at Atavist Books and Editor-in-Chief of ePUBSecrets.com, for an intensive look at the current methods for publishing a book on the web and an exploration of the strategic pros and cons of doing so. This webcast will address best practices for ebook designers pursuing web-based production, offer tools for enriching and optimizing browser-native content and suggest tactics for leveraging the web to attract book buying audiences.
Who Should Attend:
- Production and distribution managers
- Ebook designers and digital production professionals
- Software developers
What Attendees Will Learn:
- Skills and best practices for designing book content for the web
- Tools for ebook designers familiar with EPUB3 to adapt their knowledge for browser-based production
- Insights for software developers on creating web products geared to ebook publishers and readers
- How to target and grow an audience of ebook readers on the web
Speaker: Derrick Schultz, Digital Design and Production Manager, Atavist Books
Moderator: Rich Bellis, Senior Editor, Digital Book World