OPEN ROAD ESPAÑOL PARTNERS WITH ROCA EDITORIAL IN PUBLISHING A SLATE OF BESTSELLING EBOOKS
Open Road’s Spanish Imprint, Open Road Español, Will Market and Distribute Spanish-Language Ebook Translations of Bestselling Contemporary Fiction Backlist Titles from Authors Michael Connelly, Neil Gaiman, Karin Slaughter, E. L. Doctorow, and More
Furthers Open Road’s Commitment to the Growing Hispanic Market
(November 19th, 2014) Open Road Media announced today that its Spanish-language imprint, Open Road Español, has partnered with Roca Editorial, an independent book publisher from Barcelona, to market and distribute Spanish-language ebook translations of contemporary fiction titles from bestselling American and British authors, including Michael Connelly, Neil Gaiman, E. L. Doctorow, Karin Slaughter, Elizabeth George, Lara Adrian, and Maya Banks. Open Road Español will leverage its unique marketing platform to connect these ebooks with Spanish readers outside Spain and Latin America. The partnership officially launches on December 9th with 41 titles that are currently available for pre-sale.
This announcement builds upon Open Road’s successful relationship with Roca Editorial founder and President Blanca Rosa Roca. Open Road partnered with Roca’s Barcelona Digital Editions to form Ciudad de Libros / Open Road Español, which publishes Spanish-language literature globally, and with Barcelona eBooks, which publishes English-language ebooks around the world.
Jane Friedman, cofounder and CEO of Open Road, said, “Open Road has long been a believer in the growing strength of the Spanish-speaking market in countries such as the United States. We are excited to build off of our initial success with Open Road Español by now working with Roca Editorial to bring their popular fiction titles by American and British authors to Spanish speakers in key global territories.”
Blanca Rosa Roca, founder and President of Roca Editorial said, “At Roca Editorial, we have always been committed to making our books available in the United States, in print and digital formats. Now we want some of our English-language writers to reach more Spanish readers through Open Road Español’s marketing and distribution.”
The Open Road Español launch list includes:
• Lara Adrian: Midnight Breed series, Volumes 1–9
• Maya Banks: Burn, Fever, and Rush from her Breathless series
• Michael Connelly: The Poet, The Black Echo, The Black Ice, and The Last Coyote from his Harry Bosch series
• E. L. Doctorow: Andrew’s Brain, The Waterworks, The March, Ragtime, Billy Bathgate, Welcome to Hard Times, Homer & Langley, World’s Fair, and Loon Lake
• Neil Gaiman: American Gods, Stardust, InterWorld, Fragile Things, Anansi Boys, and The Silver Dream
• Elizabeth George: What Came Before He Shot Her, A Place of Hiding, Believing the Lie, and This Body of Death from her Inspector Lynley series
• Karin Slaughter: A Faint Cold Fear, from her Grant County series, and Undone, Broken, and Fallen from her Will Trent series
About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media is a digital content company that publishes and markets ebooks by creating connections between authors and their audiences across multiple platforms.
About Roca Editorial
Roca Editorial is an independent publisher founded eleven years ago in Barcelona, Spain, that publishes fiction, nonfiction, children’s books, and young adult literature. Roca Editorial was one of the first companies to publish ebooks in Spanish, and it is proud to have a global digital strategy that involves alliances with prominent national and international partners.