RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN’S BOOKS RE-LAUNCHES COMPANY WEBSITE, RANDOMHOUSEKIDS.COM
The Comprehensive New Website Features a New Book Finder Tool and an Array of Resources for Parents and Kids
New York, NY (January 15, 2013)—Random House Children’s Books today announced the launch of its newly redesigned site, RandomHouseKids.com. The site was developed to provide kids and adults with an easily navigable environment where they can access a wealth of book-inspired material for their favorite brands, series, and authors. The site invites parents and kids to discover both established favorites and enables easy discovery of new books and series.
“We are thrilled to begin the new year with our new site.” commented Linda Leonard, Executive Director of Digital Marketing, Random House Children’s Books, “It’s a fantastic resource for parents and a destination for their children to have fun interacting with our authors and books in a safe environment.”
Upon visiting the site, parents and kids will find an user-friendly platform through which they can access information about forty immediately recognizable brands from Dr. Seuss to Magic Tree House. Visitors can keep up with the latest from Random House Children’s Books through the embedded live Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Parents will find two brand-new site features—the Books section and the For Parents section—particularly helpful for navigating their way through the website by providing tools and original content for parents.
· The new “Book Finder” allows users to search for books using a wide variety of criteria—age group, genre, subject, series name, or a customized search. This new comprehensive feature helps users to easily find the perfect read for their child or themselves.
· In the brand-new For Parents section, parents will find a vast array of resources, including various original blog posts with topics ranging from how to be a great story teller, to the value of using audiobooks for reluctant readers. Users can filter articles by popular topics such as “Babies and Books,” “Raising Smart Kids,” and a “College Parent 411” section, where visitors will find tips for the application process and other advice from the experts at Sylvan College Prep and The Princeton Review.
Additional RandomHouseKids.com sections include:
· A For Kids! area featuring new releases, polls, and easily navigable links to educational games, book trailers, and other fun, child-friendly activities.
· The Games and Activities tabs offer access to games and printable activity sheets for beloved properties including Little Golden Books and Junie B. Jones, making kids’ favorite stories come alive.
· Author interviews, book trailers, sneak peeks, and more are now conveniently housed under the Videos page, making discovering audiovisual resources easy.
· The Authors & Illustrators page, with a search bar, links to author Q&As, a live author twitter feed, and an event finder allows users to learn more about the creators of their favorite books.
Random House Children’s Books collaborated with Smashing Ideas to create the new RandomHouseKids.com. Readers can also connect more with Random House Children’s Books via Facebook at Facebook.com/RandomHouseKids, on Twitter at Twitter.com/RandomHouseKids, and on Pinterest at Pinterest.com/RandomHouseKids.
Random House Children’s Books is the world’s largest English-language children’s trade book publisher. Creating books for toddlers through young adult readers, in all formats from board books to activity books to picture books, novels, and e-books, the imprints of Random House Children’s Books bring together award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series. Random House Children’s Books is a division of Random House, Inc., whose parent company is Bertelsmann AG, a leading international media company.
Smashing Ideas is a digital product strategy and development company. The company bridges physical goods, media and services through connected experiences that are simple, intuitive and fun to use. Founded in 1996, with offices in the U.S. and UK, Smashing Ideas engages everywhere with websites, mobile applications, digital solutions and experiences for high profile clients that have received over 50 awards, including a Primetime Emmy. Additional information is available at www.smashingideas.com.