Bookboard: New approach to children’s ebooks is now available
San Francisco Bay Area start-up launching Netflix-like service for children’s books, available for just $4.99 per month
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 21, 2013 – Burlingame, CA – With a vision of re-imagining children’s story time for today’s digital age, the first Bookboard commercial release is now available. With a vast library including hundreds of books ranging from picture books to beginning reader to chapter books, a Bookboard subscription is available for as low as $4.99 per month.
As part of this launch, Bookboard today announces partnerships with Peachtree Publishers and Open Road Integrated Media, which bring popular children’s titles, such as the Berenstain Bears and Boxcar Children series, to the already rich collection of contentThese partnerships allow Bookboard to provide families with access to an even more extensive children’s library that includes hundreds of titles ranging from picture books to beginning reader to chapter books, all available on its iPad app. A subscription to Bookboard app includes the following benefits:
· A beautiful, optimized reading experience for children and parents. Readers are presented with vibrant book layouts, dynamic reading assistance, and audio ‘read to me’ options in Bookboard’s iPad app to ensure a delightful experience for families.
· An open library without the hassles of downloads and frequent purchases. Children are empowered to choose from a huge selection of books, to start reading instantly and continue discovering new titles at their own pace. No accumulating payments, pleas to parents or waiting for lengthy downloads!
· Discovering the next book is easy. Bookboard suggests additional stories based on past selections and demonstrated interests, encouraging kids to keep reading. As they read, they are further motivated by a reward system of unlocking new books to add to their collections. As children’s preferences and reading levels change, Bookboard changes with them.
· Reading anywhere and everywhere. Bookboard provides convenient access to books at any time and any place. Books are streamed and stored on the tablet allowing families to enjoy at home or on the go. No more heavy suitcases and lost library books!
· Special features just for parents. Parents can suggest categories of books, and gain insight into their child’s reading with fun progress reports on the amount of time spent reading, the number of pages, titles of books and more.
“Watching our kids’ daily interactions with tablet devices and noticing how immersed they were in the experience helped to motivate the creation of this new more enriching kind of screen time,” says Bookboard CEO Michael Fitzpatrick. “Bookboard helps refocus our children’s attention on the written word in exciting new ways.”
Pricing for a Bookboard six-month subscription is $29.94 ($4.99 per month), and includes unlimited access to all Bookboard content for up to four readers on any iPad. Bookboard also offers a month-by-month subscription option for $8.99 per month, as well as a free trial at http://bookboard.com/.
About Bookboard, Inc.
Bookboard offers families an affordable children’s book subscription service on the iPad that provides guided exploration of a vast, curated library. As they read, families discover, unlock, and collect great stories to build a sense of accomplishment that keeps kids coming back for more. Bookboard is run by tech-savvy parents who value reading and comprehension skills, yet understand the importance of keeping your child entertained. The parenting experiences of Bay Area tech veterans from Adobe, Macromedia, Leapfrog, Scholastic, Apple, Intuit and Visa have motivated and inspired everything you see in Bookboard, and continuing refinements to come. For more information, please visit http://bookboard.com/.