Barnes & Noble Announces Amazing New Low Prices for Award-Winning NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ Tablets in the UK
NOOK® HD Tablet Now Available Starting at Just £79, NOOK® HD+ Tablet Now Starts at £129, While Stocks Last
NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced amazing new low pricing for the highly acclaimed NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ tablets in the UK. Beginning today, customers can purchase the 7-inch NOOK HD for just £79 (8GB) and £99 (16GB), while the 9-inch NOOK HD+ tablet is available for just £129 (16GB) and £149 (32GB), both online at NOOK.co.uk and at leading retailers across the UK, while stocks last.
These new low prices make NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ the perfect choice for UK families as students head back to school, offering the best in reading and entertainment with access to one of the world’s largest digital reading catalogues featuring more than 2.5 million books in the NOOK Store, including more than 1 million free titles. These innovative and family-friendly tablets now come with Google Play, offering the best in apps and games, millions of songs, thousands of films and TV shows and much more.
“As families across the UK prepare for students to go back to school, NOOK has made digital reading even more affordable by lowering prices on the NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ tablets” said Jim Hilt, Managing Director, Barnes & Noble S.à r.l. “We are committed to the cause of literacy and learning in the UK and this new pricing on our highly versatile tablets will bring a world of books, apps, films, music and more to customers at an unbeatable value.”
NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ Features
– More than 700,000 Android Apps and Games: Customers can choose from more than 700,000 great apps all ready to enjoy right away. The NOOK Store features thousands of high-quality NOOK Apps™ tailored for the devices.
– Millions of Songs: The addition of Google Play Music lets customers browse millions of songs, discover new artists and fill NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ with favourite tracks to enjoy anytime.
– Favourite Films & TV Shows: Customers can choose from thousands of films and TV shows, including new releases, the latest episodes, award-winning films and past seasons from favourite TV series. They can stream movies and TV shows to watch instantly on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ or make them available offline to watch later, even when not connected to Wi-Fi.
– The Very Best in Reading: The NOOK Store offers more than 2.5 million books, including more than 1 million free titles, as well as thousands of magazines and newspapers in spectacular HD each available for a 14-day free trial. Customers can browse favourite catalogues like never before.
– Fast Web Browsing: Customers can enjoy fast start up and page loading and an unlimited number of tabs open at once with the Chrome browser.
– Great Google Services: Customers have instant access to Google Search, Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps, now built in to NOOK HD and NOOK HD+. They can sync calendars across multiple devices and check email from any account including Exchange, Yahoo! and Hotmail.
Additional Great Tablet Features Include:
– Stunning HD Displays: Crisp text and beautiful graphics make books and magazines stunning to read and movies a joy to watch.
– Light and Portable: Weighing in at only 11.1 ounces and 18.2 ounces respectively, NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ are light and easy to hold for hours of enjoyment.
– NOOK Profiles™: A personalised experience instantly transforms the device in hand to any family member’s very own tablet so only they can see their own content.
– NOOK Channels™: This pioneering recommendation system provides an easy way to discover new titles by theme.
– The ability to sync the last page read on any NOOK Book® across NOOK devices and apps so customers don’t lose their place.
– Expandable memory on the devices and free unlimited NOOK Cloud™ storage for all NOOK content.
– Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customised reading experience.
– Powerful dual-core processors and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, along with the critically-acclaimed E Ink Reader NOOK Simple Touch® GlowLight®, are available throughout major UK retailers including Argos, ASDA, Blackwell’s, Foyles, Currys and PC World, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s and Very, as well as NOOK.co.uk. For more information on any of NOOK’s innovative products and devices, including the Free NOOK Reading Apps™ for iOS and Android devices, visit NOOK.co.uk.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 674 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store™ (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 692 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Store®, NOOK Video™, and NOOK Video Apps™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.
Follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter (www.bn.com/twitter), Facebook (www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/barnesandnoble).
About NOOK Media LLC
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to Read What You Love, Anywhere You Like™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store® of more than 3 million (US) and 2.5 million (UK) digital books, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ and NOOK Video Apps™, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are available in the United Kingdom through www.nook.co.uk and leading retailers.