Animation studio Frederator – producer of The Fairly Odd Parents and Adventure Time – launches digital publishing division with rapid cycle approach to eBooks
Internet and animation visionary joins forces with independent publishing veteran
to form e-book publishing venture
When readers – especially kids – discover a new book or author, they want more books right away, but traditional book publishing has been too slow. Frederator will issue new books as frequently as television series or favorite blogs, so readers can find their next e-book right away. In 2013, Frederator will publish more than 100 new titles in a number of series for kids of different ages, all released in “seasons,” much like television or online video series.
As a digital only publisher, Frederator Books has a simple and unique mission: to keep alive the magic of books and especially to preserve the special relationship of reader to text, as we move into the digital age.
Frederator Books founder, Fred Seibert, has been a creative force at MTV, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Channel Frederator and YouTube, and the executive producer of animation hits like The Fairly Odd Parents, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, and Adventure Time. Partnering with book publishing veteran, David Wilk, Seibert now brings a unique approach to this new digital publishing venture, Frederator Books.
Digital distributor, InScribe Digital, will work with Frederator to distribute titles to be available on all platforms, including Kindle, Nook, Apple iBooks, Sony Reader, and Kobo devices, and Maz Digital has provided the platform for Frederator reading apps for Apple and Android app ecosystems.
“I created Frederator Books to keep alive that special magic of books in the digital age,” says founder Fred Seibert,” with the visions of the remarkable authors and illustrators we have chosen delivering the timeless wonder of words and pictures.”
Frederator Books Publisher, David Wilk, continued, “Digital technology enables us to create great-looking, fun and entertaining ebooks for kids and adults with incredible speed and flexibility. We’re connecting parents and kids with fun books that are portable and easy to read.”
Frederator Books will launch with two series:
• LIEographies: The Totally Made Up, Absolutely Untrue, 100% Fake Life Stories of the World’s Greatest Heroes by best-selling children’s author Alan Katz (Take Me Out To The Bathtub and Other Silly Dilly Songs, Ricky Vargas #1: The Funniest Kid in the World) illustrated by cartoonist Joey Ahlbum.
• The LIEography of Babe Ruth is the first title in the series, followed by LIEographies of Harry Houdini, Thomas Edison, Amelia Earhart, and many more.
• Veteran kids’ animator Joey Ahlbum (Nickelodeon, Sesame Street) will release his first books as Frederator ebook originals.
• Joey’s distinctive style will grace characters like Lucy the Dinosaur, Hilly the Hippopotamus, Ginger & Emma, and The Gross Brothers Mysteries.
• The first Lucy books launch April 23rd, followed by 59 more during the course of the year. Lucy and her friends play, throw a birthday party, learn to count, share, and put on a show. This series is ideal to read with 2-4 year olds—the digital equivalent of board books—and will have young children laughing and learning at the same time.