Amazon Releases New Kindle App for iOS 7
We just released a major update to our Kindle for iOS app. The app is optimized for iOS 7 and features an all-new new design, as well as Collections, which make it easy for customers to organize their books, documents, and magazines. Collections on Kindle are unique because customers can add their content to multiple categories, rather than just one – for example, put A Game of Thrones in “My Favorites” as well as “Fantasy Epics”.
Of course customers also get everything they already love about Kindle reading apps:
- Go to Amazon in your web browser to shop the touch-optimized Kindle Store for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less.
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search.
- Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
- Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
- Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari.com and Wikipedia.
- “Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere” – you can read your Kindle books on the largest number of devices and platforms: Kindle e-readers, Kindle Fires, iPads, iPhones, PCs, Macs, Android-based devices, Windows Phone 8-based devices, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
- Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.