Ebook Best-Sellers $3.00 to $7.99 Week Ending 11-17-12
On view, the power of a movie to help sell a book: Life of Pi (by Yann Martel, from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt); The Hunger Games trilogy (by Suzanne Collins, from Scholastic); The Hobbit (by J.R.R. Tolkien, from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt); all books with recently released or upcoming movies — five out of the ten on this list.
See the rest of the the best-seller lists for the week ending Nov. 17:
– Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller List: Top 25 Overall
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $10.00 and Above
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $8.00 – $9.99
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $3.00 – $7.99
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $0.00 – $2.99
Read and comment on our methodology.
More best-seller analysis:
— Insights on High-Priced Best-Sellers, Romance Ebooks and Sandy’s Wrath
— How Amazon and Barnes & Noble Price Changes Affected Sales of HarperCollins Ebooks
— Ebook Publisher Power Rankings: Random and Penguin on Top
— Best of the Best-Selling Ebooks: Aug. – Oct.
|1/9 (n/a)||Life of Pi||Yann Martel||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt||$ 7.01||–|
|2/13 (n/a)||Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)||Suzanne Collins||Scholastic||$ 5.99||–|
|3/14 (n/a)||Leave Me Breathless||Cherrie Lynn||Samhain Publishing||$ 4.24||–|
|4/17 (n/a)||Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)||Suzanne Collins||Scholastic||$ 5.99||–|
|5/25 (n/a)||The Marriage Mistake||Jennifer Probst||Simon & Schuster||$ 7.99||–|
|6/26 (n/a)||Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End||Manel Loureiro||Amazon||$ 3.99||–|
|7/37 (n/a)||My Kind of Christmas (A Virgin River Novel)||Robyn Carr||Harlequin||$ 5.99||–|
|8/39 (n/a)||The Hobbit||J.R.R. Tolkien||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt||$ 7.05||–|
|9/40 (n/a)||The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)||Suzanne Collins||Scholastic||$ 5.00||–|
|10/52 (n/a)||Crazy Little Thing||Tracy Brogan||Amazon||$ 3.99||–|
* Number after the forward slash indicates rank on main list. Previous week’s list rank will not appear in parentheses as it usually does because we have been unable to compile the list for the past two weeks due to Hurricane Sandy.
** Price reflects minimum price across all retailers throughout the week. Price may vary between retailers and may change throughout the week. Contact Iobyte Solutions for more information on e-book pricing.
† Because we are not looking at the change in rankings from three weeks ago, there is no change in ranking this week.
Methodology available here.