Ebook Best-Sellers $0 to $2.99 Week Ending 11-17-12
The No. 1 book on our lowest price-point list this week comes from a big-six publisher trying to capitalize on a new book in a series from a proven author. Nelson DeMille’s The Panther (Hachette) went on sale Oct. 16 of this year. It’s priced at $12.99 and is currently ranked No. 18 on our top-25 overall ebook best-seller list and at No. 6 on our $10.00 and above ebook best-seller list. The book is the sixth in the John Corey series. Plum Island, the first title in the series, which came out in 2003, is currently No. 6 on our top-25 overall ebook best-seller list and No. 1 on this list. It’s clearly selling more units than the new title — but likely generating less revenue for its publisher.
See the rest of the the best-seller lists for the week ending Nov. 17:
– Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller List: Top 25 Overall
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $10.00 and Above
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $8.00 – $9.99
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $3.00 – $7.99
– Digital Book World Best-Selling E-Books Priced $0.00 – $2.99
Read and comment on our methodology.
More best-seller analysis:
– Insights on High-Priced Best-Sellers, Romance Ebooks and Sandy’s Wrath
– How Amazon and Barnes & Noble Price Changes Affected Sales of HarperCollins Ebooks
– Ebook Publisher Power Rankings: Random and Penguin on Top
– Best of the Best-Selling Ebooks: Aug. – Oct.
|1/6 (n/a)||Plum Island (John Corey)||Nelson DeMille||Hachette||$ 0.99||–|
|2/16 (n/a)||Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)||Jeffrey Archer||Macmillan||$ 2.99||–|
|3/30 (n/a)||The Safe Man: A Ghost Story (Kindle Single)||Michael Connelly||Hachette||$ 1.99||–|
|4/38 (n/a)||Forced to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)||Andrew Peterson||Amazon||$ 1.99||–|
|5/44 (n/a)||Damaged: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Forgotten Child||Cathy Glass||HarperCollins||$ 0.99||–|
|6/48 (n/a)||Naked (The Blackstone Affair, Part 1)||Raine Miller||Self-published||$ 2.99||–|
|7/54 (n/a)||First to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)||Andrew Peterson||Amazon||$ 2.99||–|
|8/55 (n/a)||Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell)||R.L. Mathewson||Self-published||$ 2.99||–|
|9/59 (n/a)||All In (The Blackstone Affair, Part 2)||Raine Miller||Self-published||$ 2.99||–|
|10/60 (n/a)||One Night With a Hero||Laura Kaye||Entangled Publishing||$ 2.99||–|
* Number after the forward slash indicates rank on main list. Previous week’s list rank will not appear in parentheses as it usually does because we have been unable to compile the list for the past two weeks due to Hurricane Sandy.
** Price reflects minimum price across all retailers throughout the week. Price may vary between retailers and may change throughout the week. Contact Iobyte Solutions for more information on e-book pricing.
† Because we are not looking at the change in rankings from three weeks ago, there is no change in ranking this week.
Methodology available here.