A free WEBcast presented by Digital Book World and Publishers Weekly.
Seth Godin. J.A. Konrath. William Paul Young. Amanda Hocking.
It’s safe to say that the stigma surrounding self-publishing is fading fast, if not already a thing of the past, as the barriers to distribution have collapsed and even traditional publishers have established self-publishing imprints of their own.
In this free WEBcast, “The Evolution of Self-Publishing,” we will discuss how self-publishing is empowering authors, disintermediating publishers, and the impact it’s having on the marketplace, especially where ebooks are concerned.
- How has “self-publishing” evolved in the digital age?
- Who are the new partners, intermediaries and sales channels?
- Where do “traditional” publishers and agents fit?
- What are the opportunities, challenges and pitfalls for authors?
- Louisa Ermelino, Reviews Director, Publishers Weekly
- Jason Pinter, author, Diversion Books
- Carolyn Pittis, SVP, Global Author Services, HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide
- Phil Sexton, Publisher and Community Leader, Writer’s Digest
- Victoria Strauss, novelist and co-founder of Writer Beware
- Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Chief Executive Optimist, Digital Book World
Registration for this event is past due. If you are a member or for more information on how to become a member, you can find the recording in our webcast archives.