The DBW Roundtable is a live, interactive webcast featuring some of the most outspoken industry professionals gathering to discuss and debate the hottest publishing issues of today.
In this bi-weekly 1-hour WEBcast, the Roundtable offers insight into the greater book publishing ecosystem with actionable case studies from practitioners in publishing.
Following the enormously successful Roundtable Review of Ebook Design and Formatting with Peter Meyers and Anne Kostick, this edition of the Roundtable will look at ebooks once they’ve arrived in the retailing environment. While many publishers have long mastered the art of selling titles in bookstores, proper merchandising in places like the Kindle store require new skill sets and practices.
In this special exclusive presentation from the Roundtable, author and ebook consultant Carolyn McCray will share her experience with online bookselling with a focus on the largest retailer for ebooks, Amazon. She’ll look at publishers who are highlighting their books effectively in their consumer facing metadata: product descriptions, blurbs, and more.
Bonus: If you are a publisher or author with ebook titles on Amazon that you would like Carolyn to review and comment on during the WEBcast, post a comment below with a link.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Best practices for optimizing your product descriptions, editorial reviews, and more.
- Getting your books into the right categories and bestseller lists for maximum exposure.
- How people make purchase decisions in an online environment.
- What to do to make sure that readers are discovering your titles internally and externally.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Trade publishers, authors, marketers, and online merchandisers interested in the Amazon Kindle marketplace.
The Roundtable will be broadcast on August 25th at 1 PM EST / 10 AM PST.
Carolyn McCray, Author and Ebook Consultant
Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World
Join the Roundtable for provocative discussions every two weeks that set the tone for another exciting year in the publishing industry!
- Register to participate LIVE
- Subscribe to the audio podcast
- DBW Members can access the on-demand video archive of The Roundtable