The DBW Roundtable is a live, interactive webcast featuring some of the most outspoken industry professionals gathering to discuss and debate the hottest publishing issues of today.
In this bi-weekly 1-hour WEBcast, the Roundtable offers insight into the greater book publishing ecosystem with actionable case studies from practitioners in publishing.
In this special presentation from the Roundtable, author and ebook consultant Carolyn McCray will follow up on her successful Optimizing Your Titles For Online Bookselling Part 1, and share her experience with online bookselling with a focus on the largest retailer for ebooks, Amazon. She’ll look at how publishers and authors can use pricing tactics, groups of titles, and the Amazon recommendation queues to promote both front and backlist titles.
Bonus: If you are a publisher or author with ebook titles on Amazon that you would like Carolyn to review and comment on during the WEBcast, post a comment below with a link.
ON THE AGENDA:
- Amazon’s Internal Recommendation Queues – Some Educated Guesses
- The Life Span of a Great Sale
- The See-Saw of Royalties versus Rankings
- “Price Pulsing”
- Rotating your “Pulse” for Maximum Sales
- “Sales Nodes” – The Functional Unit of Backlists
- Getting your “Node” On
- Putting it all together: Recommendation Queue Lifespans, Price Pulsing within a Sales Node
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Trade publishers, authors, marketers, and online merchandisers interested in the Amazon Kindle marketplace.
The Roundtable will be broadcast on October 20th at 1 PM EST / 10 AM PST.
Carolyn McCray, Author and Ebook Consultant
Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World
Join the Roundtable for provocative discussions every two weeks that set the tone for another exciting year in the publishing industry!
- Register to participate LIVE
- Subscribe to the audio podcast
- DBW Members can access the on-demand video archive of The Roundtable