Libraries as Discovery Platforms: How Public Libraries Can Help Your Marketing (WEBcast 11/22/11)
A free WEBcast from Digital Book World and sponsored by Ingram.
For publishers large and small, the library is a local, vocal, and active partner in book marketing and sales. With the close of Borders earlier this year, many communities are now underserved by bookstores, hampering readers ability to browse and discover new titles. In digital, as in print, libraries can act in what librarian Katie Dunneback calls “a low risk discovery channel,” so savvy publishers will want to maximize their ability to reach consumers through the library market.
In this 1-hour free WEBcast, we’ll explore the state of digital growth in libraries, marketing through the library channel, and new opportunities for reaching readers.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN
- Case studies in how libraries can build buzz for your titles – both online and off
- How libraries can act as a “low risk” discovery channel (digital and otherwise)
- What libraries are really looking for from publishers
- What publishers can do to best utilize their library partners to build buzz for their titles
- How to optimize your metadata and ebook files for the library market
- Which digital products can a publisher deliver, including e-galleys, that can facilitate sales and marketing through libraries
- What libraries do in terms of educating people on how to “read digitally.”
- What are librarians doing to explain the often convoluted process of downloading and reading ebooks to people less familiar with devices?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Publishers interested in increasing the discoverability of their titles in their frontlist and backlist.
- Marketers looking for new audiences for their best titles.
- Agents and authors exploring digital possibilities for their work.
Registration for this event is past due. If you are a member or for more information on how to become a member, you can find the recording in our webcast archives.
- Ruth Liebmann, Vice President, Director of Account Marketing, Random House
- Katie Dunneback, Librarian-Collection Specialist with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Trina Wilson, Library Business Analyst, Ingram Content
- Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World
If you’re on Twitter, why not tell your followers about this WEBcast?
I’m attending “Libraries as Discovery Platforms” on 10/25 @ 1pm ET http://bit.ly/sjpeSC #DBW
As a leader in distribution, print-on-demand and digital solutions, Ingram provides librarians and booksellers with immediate access to the largest selection of trade books, e-books, interactive textbooks, audio, magazines, and other book-related products in the industry. Publishers rely on Ingram as a key provider of demand-driven printing, digital, and marketing solutions. We provide secure, cutting-edge, and profitable answers to the questions our publisher partners have about the changing opportunities in the book industry.