Good News: Publishing Innovation Awards Deadline Extended
Clearly, it’s a good time to be in publishing – digital publishing, that is, if entries for the second annual Publishing Innovation Awards (PIAs) are any indication of the industry’s current status.
As the administrators for the awards, Digital Book World and the judges we engage exclusively for the PIAs seek to spotlight excellent publishers/authors, encourage new thinking, and improve the reading experience in the digital age. This goal will be met – as hundreds of inspiring ebooks, enhanced ebooks and book apps have entered already, from the Big Six, mid-tier and small publishers, independents and self-publishers, from the US and worldwide.
However, several publishers contacted us this week asking for more time to submit their entries, and in the spirit of ensuring the PIAs comprise as complete a pool of qualifying projects as possible, we’re pleased to announce the deadline for submissions has been extended to Tuesday, November 15th.
If you haven’t already submitted your entries, don’t sweat it – we’ll begin evaluating entries already received while giving you more time to complete the process.
And for qualifying publishers and app developers who haven’t considered entering, don’t accept the prospect of your work not getting the recognition it deserves! You’ll be in very good company (judging by the entries already received), not to mention the many benefits PIA winners enjoy, including:
- QED designation granted for all entries that achieve readability across multiple devices and multiple formats (the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for ebooks)
- One ticket to the full three day Digital Book World Conference + Expo in New York City, January 23-25, 2012 ($1495 value)
- Four tickets to the Publishing Innovation Awards Gala on the opening night of Digital Book World
- Recognition in front of hundreds of publishing’s top executives
- Wide coverage in the press
If your work is as good as you think it is, have it recognized and celebrated during the most exciting times, at the most exciting event, in digital publishing. You have until Tuesday, November 15th, but don’t delay.