Five Ways to Educate Your Staff with DBW Corporate Membership
By Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World | @mrmullin
Digital Book World members have shown their passion and enthusiasm for digital publishing again and again. But one of the most common questions we get from community members is how to share the knowledge our members glean through live WEBcasts, Roundtables, and our annual conference with their coworkers. That’s why we’ve made it easier than ever to educate your direct reports, your department, or your entire house at once, with corporate membership packages in 5, 10, and 20 licenses.
Here’s five ideas for how you can use Corporate Membership package right now in your house or agency:
- Have your high level staff catch up on the New Workflows for Editorial and Production WEBcast, then meet to discuss its implications for your house.
- Ask your department to check out Ebooks’ Real Impact on the Book Publishing Market: 2009 – 2011 WEBcast and have each of your staffers share the most important trends in digital.
- Share individual panel audio/video from Digital Book World Conference 2011 sessions with your direct reports so you can collectively compile the key takeaways. Here’s a short sample of one of those sessions, Data and Practices to Help Publishers Optimize Ebook Sales, with Russ Grandinetti of Amazon:
- Ensure your skills stay up to the minute by securing your staff’s access to all the audio and video at DBW 2012 as soon as it’s uploaded.
- Be sure your office has all the tips and tricks they need from our Free Member Download section. So far, we’ve added an Ebook Formatting Checklist and an SEO Checklist and we’ll have more coming.
Of course, while there’s a big benefit, there’s also a big discount involved. If you buy a package of 5, you save $100 over an equivalent number of individual memberships. At 10, you save $240. And when you purchase 20 memberships, you’ll save $680, or roughly the equivalent of seven free licenses.
Corporate membership in Digital Book World lets you share insight, information, and digital education with your staff. With a 5, 10, or 20 membership package, you can ensure your entire department keeps their skills ahead of the curve. We’re glad that we now have a new way for the community to evangelize the digital work they’re doing in house and spread new skills for publishers.
Have questions about the new corporate membership options? Feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’m happy to walk you through the setup steps or help you figure out which corporate membership is right for your house.