A free WEBcast from Digital Book World, sponsored by Aptara.
Ebooks are the most dominant force in contemporary publishing, but skyrocketing consumer sales aside, what is their real impact on book publishers’ operations and bottom lines?
In this free WEBcast, we’ll reveal the results, trends, and best practices of ebook publishers as uncovered over the past two years in a three survey series conducted by Aptara – the findings from the third, of which, were just released. What works and what doesn’t? From production techniques, preferred file formats and distribution channels, to enhanced ebooks and apps strategies, we’ll discuss how the findings correspond and differ across publishing market segments. In addition to sharing insight collected from over 1,300 publishers, we’ll talk with digital experts from both sides of the Atlantic to understand how digital publishing is evolving in the United States and Europe.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN
- Primary areas where the ebook market remains nascent worldwide
- Where 1,350 book publishers stand in building their digital programs (the answers will surprise you!)
- How publisher opinions about DRM have evolved
- Key differences between digital strategies in the Trade, Academic, and STM markets
- How issues like ebook design and formatting may be holding back growth in sales
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Publishers interested in ebook penetration in Europe
- Publishers looking to inform and improve their ebook strategy
- Digital strategists looking to understand surprising trends in book publishing
- Business development executives seeking to capitalize on ebook opportunities
Registration for this event is past due. If you are a member or for more information on how to become a member, you can find the recording in our webcast archives.
- Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Director, Content & Digital Product Development at Media Source, Inc
- Frederique Meriot, Consultant on the state of the European Ebook Industry
- Eric Freese, Solutions Architect, Aptara
- Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World
On twitter? Why not tell your followers:
I’m attending “Ebooks’ Real Impact on the Book Publishing Market: 2009 – 2011l” on 9/20 @ 11am ET http://bit.ly/nfEIUS #DBW
Aptara’s digital publishing solutions deliver significant gains in quality, time-to-market and costs for eBook publishers. Having produced tens of millions of eBook pages and designed flexible, digital workflows for the world’s leading publishers, Aptara’s content technology solutions span all content source types and delivery media — from eReaders, tablets, smart phones and PCs to print. With partnerships across the entire production and distribution supply-chain, including relationships with mobile channel partners, Aptara helps publishers stay ahead of the curve in today’s rapidly changing publishing market.