Thanks to Ingram’s sponsorship, this WEBcast has been made available as an archive for a limited time.
When your titles move off of book store tabletops, publishers are increasingly challenged to keep their titles top of mind. Luckily, smart ebook marketers are finding ways to build buzz, gain marketing traction, and ensure that books remain discoverable well beyond pub date. In this free WEBcast, “Ebook Marketing: New Skills and Fresh Opportunities” we will explore the opportunities that ebooks present for marketing your titles and how to optimize your titles for discovery. These tactics often fall into two silos: the “active” efforts done by publicists and marketers to make sure their titles hook an online browser through reviews and other media and the more “passive” effects of sound metadata strategy. Taken together, these approaches make great titles both desirable and findable.
We’ve assembled experts in marketing and metadata to show you how to get your ebooks in front of readers across all major retail channels and into the hands of fans.
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN
- Tips and case studies in successful online marketing campaigns
- How to connect with non-traditional markets during your publicity campaign, and how some publishers are breaking out of niche communities to reach a broad audience
- Using facebook demographic data to find the right audience for your titles
- Creating an authentic connection with readers through your marketing
- How to optimize your title metadata to make sure readers can find it from the web and devices
- What retailers are really looking for in your metadata
- Top mistakes in publisher metadata that are costing them sales
- How you can enhance your metadata to get picked up in search engines and storefronts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Publishers interested in increasing the discoverability of their titles in their frontlist and backlist.
- Marketers looking for new audiences for their best titles.
- Agents and authors exploring digital possibilities for their work.
Registration for this event is past due. If you are a member or for more information on how to become a member, you can find the recording in our webcast archives.
- Miriam Parker, Marketing Director, Mulholland Books
- Buffy Bales, Manager, Digital Products, Ingram Content Group
- David Bernheisel, Client Integration Specialist, Ingram Content Group
- Matt Mullin, Community Relations Manager, Digital Book World
If you’re on Twitter, why not tell your followers about this WEBcast?
I’m attending “Ebook Marketing: New Skills and Fresh Opportunities” on 10/25 @ 1pm ET http://bit.ly/p72Ao9 #DBW
As a leader in distribution, print-on-demand and digital solutions, Ingram provides librarians and booksellers with immediate access to the largest selection of trade books, e-books, interactive textbooks, audio, magazines, and other book-related products in the industry. Publishers rely on Ingram as a key provider of demand-driven printing, digital, and marketing solutions. We provide secure, cutting-edge, and profitable answers to the questions our publisher partners have about the changing opportunities in the book industry.