DBW Publishing Innovation Awards Finalists
Organizers of Digital Book World 2011 have announced the finalists for the inaugural Publishing Innovation Awards, to be presented during the Opening Ceremonies for DBW 2011 on Monday, January 24th, 2011, at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in New York City.
Fiction (Judge: Joshua Tallent)
- DRACULA: The Official Stoker Family Edition (PadWorx Digital Media)
- Letters From Father Christmas (HarperCollins)
- War of the Worlds (Smashing Ideas)
Non-Fiction (Judge: Peter Meyers)
- 10 Greatest Card Tricks of All Time (Vook)
- Ansel Adams (Hachette Book Group, Inc.)
- Logos Bible Software (Logos Bible Software, Inc.)
Children’s (Judge: Peter Costanzo)
- A Story Before Bedtime (Jackson Fish Market)
- Cozmo’s Day Off (Ayars Animation, Inc.)
- The Pedlar Lady of Gushing Cross (Moving Tales)
Reference (Judge: Liza Daly)
- Let’s Eat Out with Celiac / Coeliac and Food Allergies! (R & R Publishing)
- The Solar System (Touch Press)
- Star Walk for iPad (Vito Technology Inc.)
Comics (Judge: Liz Castro)
“The Publishing Innovation Awards will honor those making strides in this nascent medium,” said David Nussbaum, CEO of F+W Media, parent company to Digital Book World. “As the mission of Digital Book World is to learn, share and celebrate innovation in our industry, the Publishing Innovation Awards are a natural extension to the community.”
The Publishing Innovation Awards’ judges are Peter Costanzo, former Online Marketing Director of Perseus Books Group (now Director of Digital Content, F+W Media); Elizabeth Castro, author of EPUB: Straight to the Point; Peter Meyers, author of Best iPad Apps and the E2BU white paper, “Enhanced Ebooks Today and Tomorrow: A Survey for Authors and Publishers;” Liza Daly, president of Threepress Consulting and developer of Bookworm, ePub Zen Garden & Ibis Reader; and Joshua Tallent, founder/CEO of eBook Architects and author of Kindle Formatting: The Complete Guide.
For more information on DBW 2011 or the Publishing Innovation Awards, please visit the official site.