Between the overwhelming popularity of the iPad and the increased adoption and continuing evolution of ePUB, the opportunities and sales channels for digital books have exploded over the past 12 months.
Most publishers agree that some eBook titles justify the extra investment for enhancement, but determining the degree of interactivity and technical approach best-suited to the book and your budget, can be daunting.
In this free WEBcast, eBooks vs. Apps: The Pros, Cons and Possibilities, we will explore the production and budgetary benefits and pitfalls of developing applications versus enhancing eBooks.
- What are the differences between an enhanced eBook and an App?
- What are the development opportunities, challenges and costs of each?
- What types of enhancements are possible in the EPUB format?
- How can you optimize app development for cross-platform portability?
- Peter Costanzo, Director of Online Marketing, The Perseus Books Group
- Pablo Defendini, Interactive Producer, Open Road Integrated Media
- Eric Freese, Solutions Architect, Aptara
Moderated by Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Chief Executive Optimist, Digital Book World.
eBooks vs. Apps: The Pros, Cons and Possibilities was webcast live on Tuesday, July 27th @ 1pm EDT / 10am PDT. DBW members can access the on-demand archive.
This session was sponsored by Aptara, a community partner of Digital Book World.