A free WEBcast presented by Digital Book World and Aptara.
Enhanced ebooks and apps aren’t simple, natural extensions of their printed counterparts. They require a great deal of careful planning, due to differences in eReader capabilities and implementations, as well as complexities of the original publication.
Join us for Ebook 102: From Print to Enhanced Ebooks and Apps, a show and tell, of sorts, as we walk you through the development and production process from print to enhanced eBooks and apps.
Using a real life book as an example, we’ll review the key planning and execution considerations each step of the way:
- Selecting the material
- Source material
- Evaluating enhancement options
- Selecting enhancement strategy
- Taking different reader capabilities into account
- Graceful degradation
- Device-specific version
- Stacy Boyd, Senior Editor, Silhouette Desire/Harlequin
- Eric Freese, Solutions Architect, Aptara
- Caroline Grill, Manager, Ebooks and Business Development, HYPERION/VOICE
Moderated by Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Dir. of Programming & Business Development, Digital Book World
Ebook 102: From Print to Enhanced Ebooks/Apps WEBcast was live on Tuesday, November 2nd @ 1pm EDT / 1o AM PDT. DBW Members can view the session in the On-Demand archive.